We are seeking accredited exercise physiologists with an interest or expertise in improving musculoskeletal health and function in older people to work on the TeleFFIT exercise and lifestyle self management research trials. This study will be conducted from 2022 to 2024. Start date around February 2022 (date to be confirmed).
All EPs will be required to complete the TeleFFIT training course. Payment is based on a per-client basis ($995 per participant who completes the TeleFFIT program) plus remuneration for completing the TeleFFIT training course.
Successful EPs will be allocated a cohort of TeleFFIT research participants (clients) who you will guide through the 12-month home-based TeleFFIT exercise and lifestyle management program. For each client you will be required to:
- Prescribe an exercise program using a freely-available exercise training app. NB. Your exercise prescription will be guided by TeleFFIT study protocols outlined in the TeleFITT resource manual that you will be provided with and your learning from the exercise practitioner training course that you will be required to complete prior to the beginning of the study.
- Conduct an initial home visit to ensure your client’s home is set up to safely and effectively perform the home-based exercise program.
- Conduct regular online health consultations (via Zoom) throughout the 12-month intervention to track your client’s progress and discuss any issues that arise within their program.
- Remotely monitor/supervise your client’s adherence/completion of exercise sessions through reviewing data from the exercise training app and liaising with your clients as required.
- Maintain regular contact with the TeleFFIT research team.
If you are interested, please email your expression of interest and CV, or any questions to the TeleFFIT trial coordinator Dr Jenny Gianoudis. Ph: 03 9244 6243; Email: email@example.com